In case you’re reading this, it means your Wii U cannot be connected to the Internet. In any case, this is something that is commonly encountered by players, and it is quite easy to fix.
In this post, we will outline possible fixes for no Internet connection on Wii U. You should be able to fix the problem by simply restarting your modem and/or router.
How to solve a failed Internet connection on Wii U?
Wi-Fi connection problems with your Wii U can be caused by weak Wi-Fi signals. Make sure that your home network is strong before you proceed. Ensure that speaker wires are properly grounded, as well as cordless phones, power strips, and other items that could induce wireless interference. Check your console’s SSID name if you are obtaining any error codes.
Set up a new default Internet connection
Your console’s menu may also allow you to set up a new Internet connection. To do so, follow these steps:
- You can connect to the Internet by going to System Settings, selecting Internet, and then pressing the A Button.
- Click the name of the Wi-Fi network you want to select in the console after it lists all available Wi-Fi networks.
- Remove some of the Wi-Fi networks on the list if there is no more space in the connection list.
- Specify the security key for your wireless network and click OK
- If the Wii U successfully connects, select OK after the connection test.
- Your default connection should be set.
Make changes to your wireless settings
Changing the Wi-Fi settings may fix the problem if the Internet connection remains unavailable. You can also change the wireless encryption and test a few different channels to see which one works best.
You need to update your modem/router
Your Wii U console may not connect to the Internet if the modem or router firmware is outdated. If the issue persists, make sure the latest firmware updates are installed on the network hardware. You might also try resetting your router.
Are you able to solve your Wii U internet connection issues after trying these suggestions? Share what worked for you in the comments section below.
Can Wii U still connect to Internet?
Wii U will need a wireless broadband connection in order to connect to the Internet. Choose “System Settings” from the Wii U Menu. Press the A button after selecting the “Internet” icon. Select “Connect to the Internet.”
Can Wii U still connect to Internet 2021?
I believe so. Nintendo’s Wii is Wi-Fi-enabled, which means it can be connected to a wireless router in order to access the Internet.