Recycle bin is the most important feature that is added to the computer since windows introduced. It can help you to recover your deleted data whenever you required. The major benefit of the recycle bin is that you don’t require any backup device to restore your files. And if you are suffering through the error of recycle bin corrupted, how to recover it; Then we are going to tell you different methods of recovery.
First of all, we should be aware of why the recycle bin got corrupted? There are several reasons that cause in miss behaviour of many computer apps. These reasons could prove to be the solution of your error “recycle bin is corrupted, how to recover it”.
- 1 Recycle Bin Corrupted? How to Repair it?
- 2 How long does it take to recover the deleted data?
- 3 Could I delete my other files without resolving this issue?
- 4 Did recovery software is free or we should buy software to do this recovery?
Recycle Bin Corrupted? How to Repair it?
Mostly this issue happens in windows 10 and windows 8 due to malware. We intentionally install some apps that carried out viruses along with them which ceases the normal operation of pc and results in the corruption of apps. So, your problem could be resolved if you have any particular anti-malware software. Sometimes it happens that some restrictions are enabled by the pc control panel by default. That restricts from deleting or recovering data from the recycle bin. Another reason that is noted most is the low space in C:/ drive that results in misbehaviour or recycle bin.
So follow these methods to resolve your issue of Corrupted recycle bin and to recover it.
First, we should start with the easiest and using method for the resolution of this issue.
Performing a full system scan
This is the most common and using method among all the users. Whenever some malware enters the computer your files may be deleted or corrupted. So try following methods and hopefully your issue would be resolved;
- Search for full system scan software or reimage software.
- Download the software and install it. Make sure that your software would be downloaded from an official application site. It would prevent your pc from entering the virus.
- Now launch the application and press scan all system data.
- It might take some time but after a full scan, you can reboot your pc.
- After rebooting check the recycle bin again and hopefully your issue would be resolved.
If the problem persists then don’t get worried. We have another method for the issue of recycle bin Corrupted, how to resolve it.
Enabling permission/ alternate recycle bin
The recycle bin is sometimes restricted by default from some permissions. As we use android mobiles and install any new app, it requires permission like wants to use a camera, wants to use a microphone, etc. Similarly, these permissions are enabled when we install Windows. So follow these steps to resolve your issue of Corrupted recycle bin;
- Click on the windows start button and click on the control panel.
- Click on the file explorer option and navigate here for system operating permissions.
- Unable all these permissions one by one.
- Now, go to each of the directories and navigate for the recycle bin folder with .bin extensions.
- Just remove it from all drives and permissions.
- Get back to the desktop and press the right-click button of the mouse.
- A dropdown bar will be shown. Now choose system properties or display settings.
- Surely, there would be a tab with the option of desktop applications.
- Click on the recycle bin icon and apply it.
- Now, reboot your pc and launch the icon of the recycle bin.
- Hopefully, your issue would be resolved.
The most rated method among all three to recover the corrupted recycle bin is this method. There are 90 percent chances that your issue would be resolved. So, if it doesn’t worth it for you then try this method.
Running command prompt with precise commands
We all know that the command prompt is not easy to use for all users of a simple windows interface. However, it always remained the first priority of developers or those users who know to run a command on it. 99 out of 100 issues regarding the Windows operating system could be resolved through CMD without installing any further software. So, we will try to make it easier for you to understand: follow these steps and check for results;
- Click on the window start icon and enter CMD to launch it.
- Now enter SFC or scanner and use the key to continue in cmd.
- Now when new commands processed then type rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin and then press to continue.
- After all the processing of commands reboots your pc.
- Launch the recycle bin and hopefully, your issue would be resolved.
We can’t use our pc properly if our recycle bin got corrupted. So to solve the issue and enable its normal working try out all these methods. We hope for the solution of your error “ recycle bin Corrupted, how to recover it”. It is a no bigger deal than you might lose your important documents or school files that you saved into you recycle bin for future recovery. When the normal working of the recycle bin is disturbed then might be your data is deleted. So, here option arises how to solve the whole mind warming issue? Don’t get furious, we are here to help you with all of your issues.
Just set a backup before any Corruption of software. And if there is no storage on your pc you could select any application for cloud backup. Today, we have multiple options for backup but all these would be helpful only before this issue. If you want to recover your deleted data when this issue happened. Then download software names as data recovery or recycle bin data backup software. You could choose anyone for your issue.
- How To View Crash Logs In Windows 10?
- 9 Quick and Easy Tips to Speed Up Windows 10
- How to move steam games to another drive easily?
- How To Fix M7111-1931-404 Netflix error
Just wait for a minute until your application is downloaded and launch it with the process of data recovery. But do this the whole process before solving your recycle bin issue. Until you won’t be able to do recovery of that data. So, follow upper steps and solve that issue first then download software for recovery, etc. We hope this article would be helpful for you regarding your issue of recycle bin Corrupted and how to recover it.
How long does it take to recover the deleted data?
Usually, it doesn’t take more than an hour. But the duration depends on your amount of data and your ram speed.
Could I delete my other files without resolving this issue?
No, you won’t be able to delete your other files without resolving this issue. As there would be a box with the error message “ your recycle bin is corrupted”. So, first, solve this issue for normal working.
Did recovery software is free or we should buy software to do this recovery?
Obviously, you can perform your recovery process with both free and paid software. But, make sure to install software that has no attached malware files. If it happens then you might get deleted the data of the whole drive.