If you are looking for a solution to fix Google chrome slow windows 10 then you are on the right place because here we are going to show you How to fix Google chrome slow windows 10. So let’s roll out and see what we need to do in order to fix the windows.
Google Chrome is the most used browser today and can be used on many platforms. Many people prefer its speed and simple design. While this is a secure and reliable browser, in certain instances, some difficulties can occur, and today we will fix those issues. We will be tackling the sluggish Google Chrome browser on Windows 10 in the final part of our troubleshooting sequence.
It is safer to restart the system before performing any of the possible problem-solving steps referred to below. This action will refresh the operating system and uninstall any temporary corrupt data that can trigger the issue.
Google Chrome can run slowly in Windows 10 with a variety of factors. Slow internet access is another potential reason which may cause this problem. The loading time of the browser will rely primarily on your Internet speed, so please ensure that your link is secure.
You should restart the device safely before taking any of the following suggested troubleshooting steps. This action would reboot the operating system and uninstall any temporary corrupt data that can trigger the issue. There are multiple variables in Windows 10 that could cause Google Chrome to run slowly.
You might have many tabs open and only have limited RAM. You must be thinking that every chrome tab will consume a lot of RAM and if your computer only has 4GB RAM then many tabs will open and you will definitely encounter this problem.
- 1 How To Fix Google Chrome Slow On Windows 10 Issue
- 2 Aim to turn off the acceleration of hardware
- 3 Default folder rename
- 4 Reset your computer network adapter
- 5 Google Chrome Reinstall
- 6 You must restart after it has been uninstalled and then reinstall Chrome again:
- 7 Conclusion:
- 8 FAQs:
- 9 Q1. Is this a reliable way to fix the issue?
- 10 Q2. Is uninstalling chrome and then reinstalling it will help?
How To Fix Google Chrome Slow On Windows 10 Issue
The following are some common troubleshooting steps to take to fix this problem.
Unable extension to the browser
This could severely affect the browser speed if your Chrome browser has many plugins enabled and running. You can aim to deactivate any plugins installed.
Step No 1:
- First, activate the Chrome Google Browser.
- To customize and track it, click on the Google Chrome icon in the upper right corner of the browsers
- Choose more software, and then choose Plugins.
- Note that the extension is disabled or removed.
- To disable the extension, press on the toggle switch at the bottom right of the extension.
Aim to turn off the acceleration of hardware
Hardware acceleration is a feature that enables the device to pass to the GPU some of the functions usually done by a CPU. This will generally boost machine efficiency, but it can also contribute to this particular problem. You should attempt to turn off hardware acceleration in order to verify if this is the culprit.
- Open the Chrome Tab first
- Then, on the top right, click Customize and control Google Chrome and then choose Settings.
- Then click on Show Advanced Settings.
- Go to the system then select Hardware Acceleration.
- Finally, turn this setting off.
Default folder rename
The browser stores configuration files in the default folder. It might cause this problem if this data gets compromised. In order to address this error, you have to rename the folder to automatically generate a new folder.
- Launch the Explorer for the first time.
- Then open the link: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\
- Search for the folder named default and rename this to Backup Defaulter.
Reset your computer network adapter
Sometimes, the problem could be caused by a network adapter error
In order to eradicate this risk, you have to reset your computer network adapter. Measures
Press the Window key+X and then select the Administrator of the Command Prompt.
- Then type: reset Netsh Winsock.
- Then restart the machine.
Google Chrome Reinstall
You should try to uninstall Chrome from your computer and then reinstall it again if the above steps fail to fix the problem.
- Close all of the Chrome windows and tabs first.
- Secondly, click on the start menu.
- Then click Apps.
- You will then search applications and features and click on Google Chrome.
- Then press Uninstall and it still has to be removed to search your surfing details.
- Finally, press the Uninstall button.
You must restart after it has been uninstalled and then reinstall Chrome again:
- Next, download the installation file for Chrome from the website.
- Then press Run or Save, and then pick
- Then save the installation on the icon to launch.
Here we have discussed the problem that why Google Chrome is working slowly on Windows 10, and also about how you can fix this problem once in for all. To solve the issue you just need to follow all these steps they will surely fix this issue for you in no time. Google Chrome is the most used browser today and can be used on many platforms. Many people prefer its speed and simple design. While this is a secure and reliable browser, in certain instances, some difficulties can occur, and to fix those issues we have everything in this article.
- Mods tab not loading on twitch fixed completely
- Fixed fallout 4 mods not Working
- Top 10 websites to calculate Love
Q1. Is this a reliable way to fix the issue?
Yes, these steps are best to fix the Google chrome issue in no time.
Q2. Is uninstalling chrome and then reinstalling it will help?
In some cases yes this method will help you. But if not then try to follow the above-mentioned steps.