If you are a fan of console gaming and love to play games on Xbox one, then you will surely see the error Unable to contact the DHCP server. If you are a victim of this error and looking for a solution to this problem, then you are in the right place because here we are going to show you how to fix Unable to contact the DHCP server.
Xbox is a video game brand that is the rival of play station series and is developed by Microsoft. You can play games using this console and also stream videos on it. Using this console is simple; you can either download the games from the Microsoft Store in the console and even buy DVD games for Xbox one. This console was first developed in 2001.
Though this console is very famous and has many users around the globe, this console still got some errors that occur from time to time.
The essential error that is typical can’t connect to your DHCP server Xbox one is really a very common error among Xbox users; also it occurs when the system is unable to hook up to the network. Which means that the DHCP server cannot set the net Protocol for your console? The DHCP server is part of this router, and its particular task is to assign IP addresses with other gadgets within house to connect towards the Internet.
What Causes This Error:
There are two particular reasons through which you can get this error.
- Your console configuration give permission to assign it an IP.
- DHCP configuration.
The error is also occurring because of the gadget that assigned the IP as the same as the console’s IP.
How to fix can’t connect to your DHCP server Xbox one:
If you are facing this issue on your Xbox one, then follow these simple steps.
Manual Troubleshooting of the DHCP server:
Try to troubleshoot the DHCP server if you got the issue.
- At first, try to turn off your console for about five minutes or so.
- After that, turn off the router for almost the same time.
- Now turn on both the router and console after five minutes.
- Now on your remote, press the menu button.
- Once you find the network open the network setting, then press the test network connection.
Assign a Static IP to your Console to Xbox One:
Most of the time the error occurs because of the dynamic IP address. There you have to give the static IP to your console; for that, you have to follow these simple steps.
- Turn on the console.
- On the home screen of your Xbox, one clicks the menu button.
- Now go to the setting section and click on it.
- Find the advance setting in network setting.
- In this window, you will see the IP settings. Copy this IP address onto paper for later use.
- Under the IP settings you will see the MAC address. In this section, enter the 12-digit address for the call you use at home.
- Enter the default username, and password found on the sticker on the side of the router.
- Enter the ip address in the window.
- Click the “Add” button and start the game to check for this error.
Try a Different port:
If you are still facing the error after applying the first two methods then this method will surely help you fix the problem.
- Turn of your console and modem at the same time.
- From both the gadgets, unplug the Ethernet cable.
- Make sure to plug in the cable in different port.
- Press the menu button on your remote.
- Now open the network from the settings.
- Now there find the test network option button and click it.
You can fix the error through these methods mentioned above, but you can also fix your Xbox’s common errors by Restore PC repair tool problem.
Restore PC repair Tool:
Restore is a PC repair tool that fixes the common errors of your PC in no time. You just have to download the restore PC repair tool on your computer, and there you will see the option Start scan. Click on it, and it will start finding the error on your laptop. After finding the error, click on the repair option; it will fix all the errors that are bothering your PC performance.
How to install Restore PC repair Tool:
By following these three steps, you can install the Restore PC repair tool on your PC in no time.
- Open the web browser and open restore PC repair tool.
- To open the app go to the download folder.
- Once you click on the app, it will start the installing process, and you can see the shortcut on your desktop screen.
By doing these simple three steps, you can get restore on your PC.
- How to Fix App Not Installed Error? Within 3 minutes
- Mods tab not loading on twitch fixed completely
- What is CQA Test App?
Here we have talked about How to fix can’t connect to your DHCP server Xbox one and also how you can fix this error with three simple methods. It occurs when the system is unable to hook up to the network, which means that the DHCP server cannot set the net Protocol for your console. The error is also occurring because of the gadget that assigned the IP as the same as the console’s IP.
Q1. Can we download the restore PC repair Tool for free?
Yes, the Restore PC repair tool is free to download.