Fallout 4 Black screen could occur when you are playing the game. You don’t have to worry about it Because here is the list of possible reasons that could cause the black screen also the possible solutions for the black screen issue is also enlisted. With the help of these possible reasons if the black screen occurs you can handle it on your own and can resume your gaming skills again.
Solutions to Fallout 4 Black Screen Error
Here are the fixes that you can do to fix the black screen issue.
It’s not necessary that you have to try all of them. Just try one of them at a time and see which one is going to work for you. Most probably any one of them would help you to come out of the fallout 4 black screen and enjoy the game again.
- Check fallout four-compatibility
- Graphics Card Drivers need to be updated.
- Edit configuration files.
- Antivirus software should be disabled.
- Check your monitor settings.
- Check your hardware compatibility issue.
- You can also update your windows to fix it.
Check fallout four-compatibility
Compatibility is the main thing to run fallout smoothly. If your laptop or computer has a compatibility issue then you would have an issue running fallout perfectly.
Here is the common way to see the compatibility of your system and the game this would be the same for all the operating mediums.
- Right-click on Fallout 4 and click Properties.
- In the Compatibility tab, click Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Then choose the system in the drop-down menu.
- Click OK then run Fallout 4 to check.
Graphics Card Drivers Need To Be Updated
If your graphic card drivers are not updated then you will have a black screen issue while playing the fallout play game. outdated graphic cards are not the cause of black screen but also that could cause other several issues in the running of the computer smoothly.
Updating graphic card drivers is not an easy thing to do. You need some extra skills to do that. if you are good at systems and computers then you can easily do it. however, if you cannot update them then Drive Easy could be a helping hand.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Drier Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the Free version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you will be successful to upgrade when you click Update All).
Edit Configuration Files
To fix the issue you can try this as well. This method has been used by many users and they’ve done it right. the process could be easy for some of the users and it could be hard for many users. However, the directions to do it is mention below and you can easily follow them to set the issue.
- Navigate to the C:\Users\username\Documents\mygames\fallout4.
- Open fallout4prefs.ini. file.
- Find these variables and change them into these given values.
- Save the changes and run the game.
- How the game should work amazingly. well, it will be!
Antivirus software should be disabled
Sometimes antivirus software could be the wall between the game and the screen. The game could be crashed in the middle because of the antivirus software as it will run in the background and pause the gaming components at the same time. Similarly, the updates that the antivirus requires could also be the reason to crash the game.
- open the setting of the antivirus.
- click disable antivirus updates
- Run the game.
Check monitor settings
Monitors setting should be according to the game design. it’s technically not a procedural step you don’t to follow any kind of set of rules.
- Check your monitor’s button.
- See what are the functions of these buttons.
- Adjust the cleans appearance resolutions.
- An additional step is to connect the cables correctly.
Check your hardware compatibility issue:
This is one of the main issues that could cause the monitor to crash and went black. this fix is not so problematic and can be easily fixed.
You need to check if the hardware is compatible with the game or not. sometimes the game is running and crashing right after clicking the run option. this is because the graphics are too high you need to lower the graphics and see the magic.
Update your window:
Updating window is not a hard task to do that you need to follow the following key rules and they will be the same for all the operating systems.
- Open the Start menu by pressing the Windows button. In the Start menu, find and click on the Settings option. This will open the Settings window
- Among the several menu options, look for the Update and Security option in the Settings windows.
- The Update & Security window will open. In the right panel of the window, go to the Windows Update section. click on the Check For Updates button. Windows 10 will start the search for new Windows 10 updates if available. In case an update is available, proceed with it. The Update Wizard will guide you to complete the process of Windows 10 update.
- restart and run the game.
You must try any of the above-enumerated fixes and find out which one is going to work for you.