- 1 Content:/com.android.browser.home/
- 2 Conclusion
- 3 FAQ’s
Whenever you buy a phone, it has some of its own pre-built applications such as call, messages, browsers, and others as such. There are also some browser extensions in most of the latest devices available. When you are surfing on the web, and you find some link or connection and click on it, it will ask you whether you want to open it in a preferred browser.
Till that point, the Content:/com.android.browser.home/ has a specific code link connection that enables a user to set up a default home page for that. This code is used by browsers to configure any default homepages for them. If you don’t like the current browser or you want to change it, you click on the link with the code, and it asks for your preference, and you can change it there.
You can put Content:/com.android.browser.home/ in the browser’s default bar, and it will let you change your browser preferred. It helps with homepage customization and various such options.
Changing Default Homepage
An internet browser allows a user to change the browser’s default homepage. To do as such, you need to follow these steps.
- First of all, go to the Google browser of your device that is at default.
- Then you need to click the menu button in it that is at the top right corner of your screen.
- Now go to settings and select the sub-menu list and then select the Android Browser Settings option. Press click on it.
- Then you need to go to General in your settings and click on the Homepage Button.
- Now you can enter the URL which you want to set as the default page for your browser.
With this, it is easier for you to configure your smartphone, and the process is also quite the same for all these latest phones. Before doing all this, you should also be aware that your activities and your data are actually synchronized by your browser, which may also include your data usage, your mails, and other such sensitive content. So that’s why you should select default web browsers like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome that have a high level of security for your browsing.
Setting Homepage on Default Internet Browser With Content:/com.android.browser.home/
- First of all, open the browser that you have selected to be the default
- You will see three dots as the menu option for that browser from where you can lead to the Set Homepage option and then select Settings from there.
- It will ask to enter the URL
- Enter the URL of your choice related to any website that you prefer, and that’s it; you are good and all set.
For the inbuilt apps for the Android devices, Content:/com.android.browser.home/ is the default URL. The users don’t like the typical interface, and they hate to use it. In case you are finally tired of looking at that interface, and you want to change it, you can delete Content:/com.android.browser.home/ that is set as your Homepage very easily. You just have to follow these steps below.
- Run your default browser and select settings from the menu and then go to menu options
- Then to go to homepage settings, click on general and then select Homepage from there.
- Then you have to input the URL that you want to be your default home page for your browser.
- In the end, you need to click on the save option.
By following these steps, you might probably have got rid of it.
An alternative way to select Default Homepage
With the help of an alternate method, you can easily set up the content for your browser, and you also don’t have to worry about any pop up windows that keep asking you to choose a specific browser as default. Just follow these steps below.
- First of all, go to your default browser and open it and then go to the website of your choice.
- Now you will need to click on the menu button from where you can select the option that says Save bookmarks on the URL Page.
- If you are using the default chrome web browser, you can click on the star icon in your browser for bookmarks.
- Now tap the menu button again and see the bookmarks available, and then press and hold on the history page or the bookmark page for a moment.
- It will cause to make a new menu to appear that says Set as Homepage. Click on it.
In this discussion, we discussed Content:/com.android.browser.home/ and the default browser experience of a user. For more info, there is a segment below. Leave your comments or mail us.
- How to Uninstall Star Citizen? Easy Steps
- SD Card not Showing up on Mac – Solved
- How to Uninstall Star Citizen? Easy Steps
- How To Fix Failed To Obtain IP-Address
Would someone be able to see my Internet history on my phone?
As should be obvious, it is certainly workable for somebody to access and view your search and browse history. You don’t really need to make it simple for them, however. Making strides, for example, utilizing a VPN, modifying your Google security settings, and much of the time, erasing treats can help.
How would you update your browser?
Get a Chrome update when accessible
- On your Android device, open the Play Store application.
- At the upper left, tap Menu My applications and games.
- Under “Updates,” discover Chrome.
- Close to Chrome, tap Update.
Does my browser need any updates?
Staying up with the latest update is significant. Luckily, most present-day internet browsers will consequently refresh themselves with the goal that you’re continually running the most current adaptation. You no longer need to really “download and introduce” the most recent adaptation yourself; it will do it for you.
What happens if I don’t update my browser?
Malicious hackers and Web locales can abuse security defects in browsers and contaminate your PC with destructive projects, trojans, and infections. Regular updates to your program fix security issues when they are identified and make your PC more secure from those kinds of attacks.