Do you want to change Snapchat username? But you don’t know how to change Snapchat username right? Social networking sites have completely changed our way of life. With the development of popular social media and messaging platforms such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat and more, it has become easy to communicate with others. Not only for communication purposes, but we have also started using this platform to share media content such as pictures, videos and much more.
Creating a Snapchat account on an Android or iOS device is fairly easy.
- 1 How to Change Snapchat Username
- 1.1 I Forgot My Snapchat Username:
- 1.2 3 Ways — How to edit Snapchat username?
- 1.3 Change Snapchat Username using the Email ID
- 2 FAQ’s
How to Change Snapchat Username
When they create a new Snapchat account, people typically provide their information, such as a username, password, and other information. Here are suggestions on how to set up a username. It all depends on registering a new Snapchat account. What if I want to change the name of Snapchat? At Snapchat, you cannot find the direct option to edit Snapchat username at any time. If this is difficult for you, just scroll down to perform the procedure without any worries.
I Forgot My Snapchat Username:
Have you ever felt like it’s time for a new change? Some change is necessary even if you have a Snapchat username. You may have thought that changing your Snapchat username is a real journey. If you think you can change your Snapchat username, you can simply go to settings and edit your username. You’re completely on the wrong side of the coin if you think so.
There is no way to change your Snapchat username so easily. Unfortunately, Snapchat does not allow users to change their username due to some security issues. For this reason, Snapchat users must keep their current username for as long as they want to use the same account. Don’t worry! Definitely a great way to change your Snapchat username to a custom display name.
There may even be a few cases where you may have forgotten your Snapchat username. In this case, you need to easily change the username. As mentioned earlier, there is no direct way to change a Snapchat username, such as Facebook, for its users to do so.
3 Ways — How to edit Snapchat username?
There are three easy ways to help users change their Snapchat username with a simple hack. In this post, we explained all three ways to change this, regardless of the cause. Take a look!
Change Snapchat Username with Custom Display Name
This is one of the best ways to help users change their Snapchat username using a custom display name. Snapchat allows users to choose a display name that is displayed to their friends and others. You can change your display name at any time, and it will be visible to all your existing and newly added contacts. The username may remain the same, but it is almost visible to your friends. Follow these steps:
Access the Snapchat settings
- Log in to your Snapchat account and tap the tiny ghost icon in the top left corner of the screen to access your profile.
- You’ll find a gear icon in the upper-right corner of the screen and go to Settings.
Edit your display name
- The initial settings are related to your username.
- Even if you tap the username option, nothing will be changed.
- You will find an icon next to it. By tapping this, you will be able to share your Snapchat username with others using different applications.
- Just tap on First Name and you will be able to edit your first and last name from the corresponding fields.
- You can even leave the last name field blank.
- After making specific changes, click the Save button.
Check your new display name
- The names you saved in the previous step will appear in your friends’ chats and stories, not your username.
- Once your friends start chatting with you, they’ll be able to view your username.
- After saving your display name, you can log in to your profile again and check your new name displayed directly below your beak code.
Change Snapchat Username using the Email ID
Because we’ve provided a step-by-step tutorial on how to change your Snapchat username without creating a new account using the previous method, this method will be quite different. You can change your Snapchat username using an alternate Snapchat account created with a different email address. Postal address.
Follow these steps to change your Snapchat account username.
- First, open the Snapchat app and access your profile.
- Go to Settings and scroll down to find the Disconnect option.
- Result Log out and tap the Register button after logging out.
- Enter the required information and make sure you are using another email. Email address, not the one you used in your current Snapchat account.
- Go to your profile and tap Add friends. You can select “Add from Contacts”.
- Click the “Continue” button and wait for a short time.
- In the next pop-up, tap the OK button and enable Snapchat to access your contacts.
- You can then add contacts according to your preferences.
- Log in to your previous Snapchat account and access your profile.
- You can then click on My Friends and select any user, and their Snapchat username will appear on the screen.
- Skip the friends you’ve already added to your new Snapchat account.
- Log in to your new Snapchat account again and add friends or add by username.
- You can permanently delete your old account after making the necessary changes.
Create a New Snapchat Account
The last and last alternative is to create a brand new Snapchat account by deleting the old one. To delete your Snapchat account, check the following:
- Go to Accounts.spson.com.
- Enter your Snapchat account login details and click the Login button.
- In the next menu, you can tap ‘Delete my account.
- You need to enter the Snapchat information a second time and click the Continue button.
- After successfully deleting your account, you can tap the Register button.
- Create a new Snapchat account by entering a new username of your choice.
- When you have finished setting up your new account, go to your profile and tap on the ghost icon.
- Click the “Add friends” option or add friends via contacts.
That’s all! These are three different ways to help users change the username on their Snapchat account. I hope this tutorial will help you in the best way to find alternative solutions for changing your Snapchat username.
Can you change your Snapchat username in 2020?
Yes, you can change your Snapchat username in 2020 through custom display name.
Can u hide friends on Snapchat?
No, you can’t hide your friend on Snapchat but you can remove from your list as well as you block anyone.